Sometimes you have to make your own road to get where you want to go.
"A man should look for what is, and not what he thinks there should be." - Albert Einstein
"Don't let schooling interfere with your education." - Mark Twain
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe anything simply because it is found in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." - Buddha
"A single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." - Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Daily Consumption Routine

          I had a couple of people request that I blog about what I eat and the products I use on a daily basis as a healthy example to model their schedules after, so I thought I would give that a whirl. Please keep in mind that all the products I use are things I have settled on using only because of my own extensive research on health, and not based on any doctors suggestions.
          If you have not read any of my past posts about health, I recommend you do that first to fully understand why I have chosen the diet, schedule and products I have chosen for my life. Then I Guess I'm A Quack, The Con-Artist Named Cancer Treatment, and  Big Pharma: A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing will give you enough of my research to get a thorough understanding of my consumption choices.
          For starters, I am a stay home mother, so I have 2 small children that I must cater to in addition to myself. My choices take them into consideration, however, I feel pretty confident that even if it was just me that I was catering to, my schedule and consumption choices would be the same, or at least very similar.
          We are not on the 3 meal a day plan. Instead, we eat several small snacky meals a day and one larger meal at dinner time usually. There are exceptions, of course, like on days when I know we are going to be out and about for several hours or be somewhere where we can't snack. In that case, I will usually make a larger, more filling breakfast. On weekends, when Sean is home during the day, if we ate at a restaurant and had a large lunch, we will usually have a smaller dinner. So as you can tell, we are flexible, but the schedule I share with you is the routine we follow the majority of the time.
         
          When Sean leaves for work at 5:30 a.m., I get up and drink my 8 oz. glass of  water (not tap) with 2 drops of Lugol's iodine solution mixed in before returning back to bed. Between 8 and 9 a.m. the kids wake up and we all sit down to our breakfast. This usually consists of a small bowl of organic whole grain cereal (Cascadian Farm's Honey Nut O's or Kashi Cinnamon Harvest ) with Almond Breeze milk alternative, which you can also get in vanilla and chocolate, and Riceplex SRB powder sprinkled on top, followed by a whole organic banana and about 4 oz. of Bolthouse Farm's Green Goodness.
          Right after breakfast, we brush our teeth with Kiss My Face organic aloe vera toothpaste. It is free of sodium laurel and laureth sulfate and fluoride.
          For the rest of the day until about 4:30 p.m. we snack and drink water. 4:30 is the cut off time for snacks so that they will be hungry for dinner at 6:30. They are only allowed to drink water between their last snack and dinner time. Snacks are as follows:

          Usually around noon, right after eating a snack, I drink a 16 oz. glass of water with 3 drops of Cellfood and take my herbal supplements. These consist of Olive Leaf and a probiotic such as Acidophilus. At that time, I will usually brew some herbal tea for the kids. I choose to give them Traditional Medicinals Organic Cold Care PM Tea because the ingredients are good for the whole immune system, and although it is a PM tea, it does not make them drowsy. Right after boiling the water, I add one drop of Cellfood to the water and mix, then I pour about 3 oz. of water over each tea bag in a cup and let steep for 5 minutes. Lastly I mix a teaspoon of Organic Raw Honey into each cup of tea to sweeten, and serve.
          At dinner time, our meals typically consist of:
  • 1 starch, such as organic wheat pasta, organic rice, or organic potatoes.
  • A combination of at least 2 lightly steamed organic vegetables. We ALWAYS have at least 1 green vegetable such as asparagus, broccoli, or raw salad.
  • Beans 2 to 3 days out the week.
  • We include cooked organic vegetables periodically to our meals such as fresh sweet potatoes, corn, or green beans.
  • Meat only 1 day a week, and is usually organic lean chicken or fish that is baked, grilled or pan seared, never fried. Once every few months we will eat a beef steak, roast, or organic hamburgers. We never ever eat pork.
  • We use fresh organic herbs for seasoning, organic butter, raw sea salt, organic cheeses, and organic extra virgin olive oil for select meals and salads.
          Right before bedtime, everyone gets bathed. We stick to using products that have as little ingredients as possible and as many organic ingredients as possible. We wash and condition our hair with John Master's Organics and wash our bodies with Zum Bar Goat's Milk Soap in oatmeal-lavender. After baths, we moisturize our skin with Organic Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil.  Before teeth get brushed, the kids each get a half teaspoon of Sambucus Elderberry Syrup to aid in immune system defense. If they are experiencing cold symptoms or a fever, they get a half teaspoon 3 times a day.
          You may not think of your bath and skin products as being used for consumption, but believe it or not, what you put on your skin is also being absorbed into your body and blood stream. Granted, it is small amounts being absorbed gradually, but over time, toxic chemicals can cause all kinds of health problems, so what you put ON is almost as important as what you put IN.
          Well, I guess that about does it. That's a typical day of consumption habits in my household. It may sound difficult to some of you, but for us, it is second nature because we are accustomed to this lifestyle, and we are happy and healthy. Food truly is our medicine around here. Hopefully others will make the effort to get healthier and be more conciencious about what they are putting in their bodies as well. It would definately make for a higher quality of life and longer life expectancy over all.




Stay tuned for a blog post that will be healthy breakfast combinations, vegetarian meals and salad recipes that we eat in OUR home, complete with pictures!




1 comment:

Carolyn Soto said...

I can't wait for these amazing recipes!