Sometimes you have to make your own road to get where you want to go.
"A man should look for what is, and not what he thinks there should be." - Albert Einstein
"Don't let schooling interfere with your education." - Mark Twain
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe anything simply because it is found in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." - Buddha
"A single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives." - Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Greetings!

     I am new to blogging, but certaily not to writing. I have been writing my thoughts for a very long time now, and I am known to never write just a little. It always seems there is so much on my mind that I find once I start writing, the thoughts just flow freely and I have to actually force myself to stop. You may have noticed this in my first post. I have diarrhea of the mind is what I say. Sometimes I find it difficult to fall asleep at night because of this. I have found a drug free mental decelerator  though... meditation. It helps to slow me down a bit, put my mind at peace, and sort through my thoughts easier. Things become much clearer to me when I meditate.
     The things I think about and meditate on are usually really deep and sometimes unusual and funny in nature. I give life a lot of thought. I really do. Even as a kid, it wasn't unusual for my parents to find me sitting in my room staring at the wall in a catatonic state. I was just zoned out and thinking. And they could come back and hour later and there I would still be, sitting in the same spot staring at the wall. Sounds weird, but being this way has saved me from making a lot of mistakes in my life. I think most people could save themselves a lot of heartache if they would just learn to think before they act.
      So that is why I'm here. I have had several people recommend that I blog about the things I think about. Apparently I have pretty good food for thought and a special way with words. I don't ever claim to know everything or have the correct answers even, but I have been through a whole lot so far in my life and experienced many different things. I have been on both sides of the fence. I have studied enough, researched enough,  lived and paid attention enough to the details of what's going on around me that I feel I know a few things. That is all. Some of my ideas will not work for or even apply to everyone, but they do work for me and my life, and I'm confident that my ways of thinking and doing things can for sure work for many others. But you have to be willing to put down your preconceived ideas about everything and think outside the box for a minute. Before you shoot down something I have said, or just believe it, for that matter, research it for yourself. Know why you believe what you believe and do what you do. I always encourage this. It's the only way you will gain wisdom.
      So get ready to cry a little, laugh a little, be mind boggled and even get a little pissed off... that's okay. You will be challenged and even shocked at times, as I can be rather blunt and open about things. Feel free to comment and ask questions. I am always open to respectful, intelligent conversation. Ok then... let's go!
     

No comments: